Welcome to my menopause

Welcome to my menopause.

I don’t want to hurt my loved ones, so this is my place to vent as I go through instant menopause following a complete hysterectomy. You are welcome to comment, but considering my impending unstable frame of mind, I request kind and gentle words of encouragement – even if I deserve a firm “suck it up.”

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Losing Control

Buy Wearever Women's Smooth & Silky Seamless Full-Cut Incontinence Panties at Eversures.com
A lady I work with casually mentioned bladder leakage as a result of menopause.  I thought she was joking.  Turns out it is a very common concern.  Apparently, the decrease in estrogen results in an increase in incontinence.  And it's not just when you sneeze.  You can dribble for no reason at all.  Eegads! What am I getting myself into?

A blog I just found http://friendfortheride.wordpress.com/ had an interesting article on Incontinence Panties.  These aren't your grandma's pee pads.  These are reusable, washable panties with built in moisture absorption and odor control.  They are made with antimicrobial fibers, look like real panties and come in a variety of styles, including lacy.  Fascinating! 

They are a great alternative to disposable adult pads.  I remember my last trip to see my grandma before she passed away.  She was spending a fortune on Depends.  Sure they worked, but not for her limited finances.  These would have been wonderful for her.

Watch this video for more info on the panties:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxm_tbOtG-s&feature=player_embedded&autoplay=1&autoplay=1&rel=0

Go to this site for more info or to order:
http://www.weareverincontinence.com/incontinence-panties/

I need to remember this when the time comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment